What is horizontal mixer?
The horizontal mixer or horizontal fertilizer mixer is a new generation of fertilizer mixer which is used for pre-mixing raw fertilizer materials. The raw materials for should be mixed evenly after batching according to the formula, so raw material blending equipment is an essential component in the production of fertilizer. There are two types of horizontal blenders: one is single shaft mixer, and the other is twin shaft mixer. They are the most common fertilizer mixing machines in organic & compound fertilizer production, and we produce both of them. Compared with single shaft mixer, twin shaft mixer is of higher working efficiency and productivity. They are both suitable for the blending of over two kinds of fertilizers and additives with little residual. The key features of this machine are high mixing uniformity and less material residual.
The horizontal mixer is made of enclosure, spiral shaft main bearing, drive unit, tubing, cover plate and chain cover etc. It is mainly used for the preparation for granulating process, more specifically to mix the material really even and realize compaction.
Horizontal mixer is applicable for mixing powder, viscous and thick materials.The is widely used for mixing the raw materials in both organic fertilizer and compound fertilizer production. The twin-shaft horizontal mixer is mainly used to humidify and mix powdery materials in the fertilizer industry. The machine uses two relative rotative shafts with spiral blades mounted to mix the materials. The blender is also suitable for mixing viscous material with 30% water content.Usually, it has two spiral blades and the mixture occurs inside the horizontal chamber. Spiral blades rotate rapidly along with the main motor and turn materials around to mix.
The twin-shaft horizontal mixer has tree functions: mix, transport, and humidification. It can be used for the mixing and humidifying of the raw materials. The twin-shaft mixer can mix and transport large sized material because of its large cavity. The two blades move towards each other, and carry the material moving forward. It is mainly used for transporting the powdery material and wet mixing under the silo of the heat-engine plant and hod. The moisture of the material can be adjusted through manual control valve, so that the finished product can reach the transportation requirements. Meanwhile, the twin-shaft mixer is also the ideal choice of equipment for ceramite raw material even mixing.
With features of high mixing uniformity and low material residue, the mixer is most suitable for making compound feed, concentrated feed and additive premix. It is widely applied for the mixing of powder and powder or powder and liquid to various kinds of industries including chemical, construction material, pharmaceutical, veterinary drugs, pigments, petroleum, metallurgy, mining, plastics, dye, paint, coating, plastic, glass, additives, rubber, food, health products, feed, bioengineering, ceramics, refractory material, compound fertilizer, mortar, pesticide, rare earth, wet granulation, drying and other composite technology, nuclear energy and battery materials.
How to work?
The horizontal mixer is composed of rack section, transmission part and mixing part.
1. Rack section: All of the work body is fixed on the rack. The rack is welded by the optimal carbon steel plate and the channel. It has rectified the requirement of specified technology and got the strict products qualified certificate.
2. Transmission connection part: The motor drives the belt pulley, triangular belt, and reducer to make the main shaft rotating. The transmission reducer and the working part of
the host are adopted polyamide pin coupling. Easy to assemble and maintain.
3. Mixing part: The helical mixing blades which are welded on the main shaft and making synchronous rotation, stirring the materials to make them completely and evenly blended in the mixer. After a period of mixing, materials are fully mixed, and will outflow from the outlet and be conveyed to the fertilizer granulator.
While the quantified powdery material flows into the mixing tank through feed opening, water with certain pressure are atomized and sprayed on the raw material. The motor drives the speed reducer and makes the main shaft rotate. The spiral blades, which are welded on the shaft, rotate synchronously, mixing the materials in the tank evenly, forming loose balls with uniform moisture content. After the materials are fully mixed, open the discharge port under the tank and the materials will be discharged from the blending equipment, and conveyed to the fertilizer granulator.
The rotating speed of the main shaft driven by the reducer and the blades structure will weaken the material gravity, the large gap between all materials’ particle size and gravity is ignored. Even the difference of material gravity and particle size exist, it can still achieve a very good mixing effect with the rapid dispersion from the alternatively arranged mixing blades. It is featured with high mixing uniformity and low residual, and is very suitable for the mixing of more than two types of fertilizer, additive and gunk.
The horizontal fertilizer mixer is a kind of wide applicability and a wide range of multifunctional mixing equipment, especially suitable for viscous mixture or a mixture of colloidal additives. It is significantly featured with fine qualities such as fast mixing, high precision, low energy consumption, stable running and sealing operation, easy installation and maintenance, and convenient operation.
1. Uniform mixing without dead angles, big particles can also be crushed and mixed evenly.
2. Simple and compact structure, good sealing effect. The ash damper is installed on the feed port to prevent the mist back flushing.
3. More reasonable body design, excellent in shape. Fast mixing speed, good mixing uniformity, fast discharging speed, low material residual and low noise.
4. Manual discharge and pneumatic discharge are applicable.
5. New rotor design. Minimum clearance between rotor and the mixer body can be adjusted approaching zero, which reduces residual value of raw materials.
9. Adopt stainless or carbon steel spiral blade with hard steel tool bit, good wear-resisting performance, long service life.
10. Visible window on the top of the machine, easy for monitoring of the material mixing process.